We want to make sure that everyone knows about the new Opportunity Scholarship program in North Carolina. Applications go online February 1 (to be returned by February 25 for priority consideration), and if your child is currently enrolled in a public school/charter school and qualifies for free or reduced lunch, you qualify! This is real money--NOT a reimbursement. The checks come from the state to you, made out to us, and you just sign them. That's it! $4,200 per student per year!
So here is what you need to do:
- Go to http://www.ncseaa.edu/pdf/Opportunity%20Scholarships%20Overview.pdf to read up on all the details.
- Fill out an application for the scholarship by February 25. Scholarship applications can be found at http://www.ncseaa.edu/K-12Grants.htm.
- Fill out an application for Willow Tree. You can find the application at http://wtcsprospectivestudents.weebly.com/enrollment.html
- Schedule a day for your child to visit with us.
- Read up on Charlotte Mason while you wait to see if you got the grant.
- Once you hear back from the state, meet with Jen again to talk about fit and placement.
- Your child will begin school at Willow Tree in August!
Just so you know, our high school is just about full. However, there will likely be a spot for your child in the lower school or middle school. Please share this blog freely with your friends and family. We are so excited about the opportunity to serve a larger base of students!